Looking for a way to improve your B2B ecommerce strategy? Look no further and use these 5 highly effective ecommerce tips!
We can’t argue about the fact the b2b ecommerce industry has endless opportunities. WIth predictions to grow to $1.18 trillion by 2021, this industry is poised for growth that is double the size of B2C ecommerce.
But if you want to achieve a success, you have to know how to appeal to a new group of people with their own set of shopping needs and preferences. Regardless of whether you are new to b2b ecommerce or you are working for a few years now, there are some steps you can take to improve your B2B ecommerce strategy. Here are 5 highly effective ecommerce tips every b2b seller must know:
- Learn from B2C experience: It is super important for B2B sellers to know their target group, as well as, their needs. B2B sellers can learn a lot from the B2C online strategies. We recommend you to pay attention to the product pages, checkout process, delivery options, website design, return process, website navigation, and website search. The goal is to make the online purchasing process as easy and smooth as possible.
- Improve product information: Did you know that 98% of the buyers are going online research on products they buy offline? The B2B sellers are no longer relying on print catalogs to share their product information. Why? Well, because your store is your new catalog. The product information needs to be detailed, accurate, and consistent across product listings.
- Make it personal: The B2B buyers don’t want to be asked boring questions about their business. Instead, the B2B buyers expect the exact same treatment they get when shopping on B2C sites.
- Upgrade the ecommerce platform: If you think the current ecommerce platform can’t meet your needs or scale with your business, it is time to upgrade to another platform or plan that can handle your specific requirements like term accounts or price levels. The software should be easy to use, manageable, and scale to control and handle the volumes of your business.
- Integrate with back-end systems: You must plan to integrate your new ecommerce platform with back-end technology, like ERP for managing operations like order fulfillment, inventory and etc. The integration allows for automation and efficiently handling of your data volumes.
By following these ecommerce tips, you will be able to improve your B2B ecommerce strategy.